Is a trained and certified individual that can assist you with all activities of daily living and may provide the exclusive tasks allowable under special circumstances:
Services include as directed by the plan of care and supervised by a registered nurse:
- Assist with care of the teeth and mouth.
- Assist with care of the hair including shampooing and shaving.
- Assist with ordinary care of the nails, including washing, drying, and filing with an emery board.
- Assist with bathing in bed, tub or shower.
- Assist with feeding.
- Assist with walking, use of walker, or wheelchair.
- Assist with dressing.
- Assist with transfers from bed to chair or commode and back.
- Prepare and serve meals according to instructions.
- Change bed linen.
- Dust, vacuum, and straighten the room that the patient uses.
- Wash dishes, scour kitchen and bathroom sink.
- Maintain general cleanliness of the patient's environment.
- List needed supplies.
- Shop for client in the absence of family members.
- Launders client clothes and linens in the absence of family members.
Exclusive HHA Tasks allowable under special circumstances:
- Assisting with the administration of medicines
- Measuring body temperature, pulse, respirations and blood pressure
- Testing urine for glucose, ketones, and bacteria
- Collecting urine, stool and sputum specimens
- Preparation of a complex and/or modified diet
- Assisting with a prescribed exercise program
- Assisting with prescribed medical equipment, supplies and devices
- Assisting with special skin care, ostomy care and dressing changes.
(Seniors, adults and children qualify for certified home health )